POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : About THAT idea... : Re: About THAT idea... Server Time
5 Aug 2024 12:19:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: About THAT idea...
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 12 Sep 2002 19:06:10
Message: <chrishuff-6EAD67.19052312092002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <web.3d8114b21997f3778531b09b0@news.povray.org>,
 "Christian" <las### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:

> I still think that organic movements of objects GOT to be included in POV,
> since they're just so beutifoul and cool...

It is just that these things are so complex and, for lack of a better
word, "sensitive" to parameters, that you really need a real-time GUI
modeller to get the most benefit. And then the output will be a mesh, or
you could get differences between how POV calculates things and what the
modeller intended.

> I think it's a lot more factible to just implement internal support for
> bones and morph targets, topics wich I'd like to discuss with you sometime
> soon.

There have been a couple discussions on these subjects before that may
be of interest to you, try searching the groups through the web
interface.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/