POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV Wishlist Server Time
3 Aug 2024 20:21:00 EDT (-0400)
  POV Wishlist (Message 62 to 71 of 101)
From: Rick [Kitty5]
Subject: Re: POV Wishlist
Date: 23 Mar 2004 05:13:59
Message: <40600de7@news.povray.org>
Tyler Eaves wrote:

> This is a list of things I'd like to see in a future version
> of POV-Ray. While none of these are massive changes, they are
> all capabilites that I would find useful. Some of these are much
> more 'pie in the sky' than others.

Tweaks and fiddles are fine. The ONLY feature I would like to see is multi
threading with TCP/IP

I want to be able to render at 16200x10200 (and above) for print work and
not compromise on the features I use in my images. I don't use povray for
such work as it simply isn't practical.

I fully appreciate that multi threaded applications can be difficult to
write and thats without the special issues with some of povray's features.

But, it makes the difference between povray being a hobbyists toy and a
professional rendering engine.

--
Rick

Kitty5 NewMedia http://Kitty5.com
POV-Ray News & Resources http://Povray.co.uk
TEL : (+44) 0845 1083740 - ICQ : 15776037

PGP Public Key : http://pgp.kitty5.com

Post a reply to this message