POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV Wishlist : Re: POV Wishlist Server Time
3 Aug 2024 22:17:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV Wishlist
From: Tom Galvin
Date: 23 Mar 2004 11:17:57
Message: <Xns94B572EF637B1tomatimporg@203.29.75.35>
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde> wrote in news:c3pfol$4rp$1
@chho.imagico.de:

> Rick [Kitty5] wrote:
>>
>>>http://www.tu-bs.de/%7Ey0013390/povany/index.html
>>

>> Is filesystem based,
>
> It is not, RTFM.

I read:

   "Right now the exchange of data between the different computers
    rendering a scene works via the file system. This allows distributed
    renders on any group of computers that have access to a common
    directory via SMB, NFS, etc. It is well possible to extend this with
    exchange via ftp, email or any other network protocol by writing
    additional scripts."

and came to the same conclusion as Rick.  I am not looking to start a
fight, but I am genuinely interested in what I seem to be missing.

--
Tom