POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV Wishlist : Re: POV Wishlist Server Time
3 Aug 2024 22:16:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV Wishlist
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 23 Mar 2004 09:00:02
Message: <c3pfol$4rp$1@chho.imagico.de>
Rick [Kitty5] wrote:

>>http://www.tu-bs.de/%7Ey0013390/povany/index.html
>

> Is filesystem based,

It is not, RTFM.

>>I (and probably most others here) would appreciate if you'd not come up
>>with such conclusions before understanding why POV-Ray is not
>>multithreaded.
>

> I am well aware of the reasons (and resistance) for povray's lack of
> threading, I am just making the point that for professional print work,
> despite the quality of the output, POV is not a suitable tool.

With this reply you again show you either have no idea of the reasons or
you simply don't like the reasons and therefore decide to ignore them.

POV-Ray is an open program - if you are not happy with the way it works
you have two options: change the way it works (which of course requires
to understand the problem in the first place) or stop using it.  What
you do instead is mostly unqualified mourning - when you state something
like "for professional print work, ... , POV is not a suitable tool" or
"I don't use povray for such work as it simply isn't practical" you
should back this with some actual reproducible facts or refrain from
stating it at all.

Christoph

Last updated 21 Mar. 2004 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______