POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : CSDL: C-like Simulation Description Language Server Time
7 Aug 2024 03:18:07 EDT (-0400)
  CSDL: C-like Simulation Description Language (Message 11 to 20 of 65)
From: Christopher James Huff
Subject: Licensing, Was: Re: CSDL Update
Date: 19 Jan 2002 11:21:09
Message: <chrishuff-2D1ADF.11220119012002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3C47A740.A76C59F7@sw-tech.com>, Deaken <dwy### [at] sw-techcom>
wrote:

> <URL:http://www.perl.com/pub/a/language/misc/Artistic.html> is, as
> usual, my suggestion.

Looks interesting, I'll take a look at it. I assume I can change
licenses with later releases if I want...the code is mine, right?
Hopefully I'll be uploading an alpha of CSDL later today...I'll probably
just cook up a "do not redistribute or use this code" statement, at
least until it gets out of alpha/beta stage.
The complete lack of response this got is surprising considering the
past discussion POV-Ray licensing has received...maybe putting
"Licensing" in the subject line will help. ;-)

> Looks interesting, I'll take a look at it. I assume I can change
> licenses with later releases if I want...the code is mine, right?
> Hopefully I'll be uploading an alpha of CSDL later today...I'll probably
> just cook up a "do not redistribute or use this code" statement, at
> least until it gets out of alpha/beta stage.
> The complete lack of response this got is surprising considering the
> past discussion POV-Ray licensing has received...maybe putting
> "Licensing" in the subject line will help. ;-)

I suppose the main reason for the lack of interest are the problems
understanding what this can be good for, if you release something
including samples for usage i think the interest will be larger (assuming
it's really something useful of course... ;-))

The Perl Artistic License has the advantage that it forces a distinction
of the original version and custom extensions, apart from that it's much
like GPL i think.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>