POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : CSDL: C-like Simulation Description Language : Re: Licensing, Was: Re: CSDL Update Server Time
7 Aug 2024 05:21:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Licensing, Was: Re: CSDL Update
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 19 Jan 2002 13:00:54
Message: <3C49B44C.57404C62@gmx.de>
Christopher James Huff wrote:

> That's somewhat like wondering what C can be good for...
> [...]

I know, you already gave quite a lot of description, but that's not the
same as actually seeing a sample simulation.

> In addition, it is a kind of
> "proof of concept" for some of my ideas for future modifications to the
> POV-Script language, to show that the ideas are actually useful.

Having POV-Ray's internal functions available in such a simulation
language (like 'trace' and all the patterns for example) would be very
nice, but i guess this won't happen in the near future.

> I really know virtually nothing about licensing. Do you know of any web
> sites with information for people new to this kind of thing?

See for example:

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html

Christoph

--