POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : CSDL: C-like Simulation Description Language : Re: Licensing, Was: Re: CSDL Update Server Time
7 Aug 2024 05:13:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Licensing, Was: Re: CSDL Update
From: Deaken
Date: 19 Jan 2002 20:01:20
Message: <3C4A170D.1A732F17@sw-tech.com>
Christopher James Huff wrote:

> In article <3C47A740.A76C59F7@sw-tech.com>, Deaken <dwy### [at] sw-techcom>
> wrote:
>
> > <URL:http://www.perl.com/pub/a/language/misc/Artistic.html> is, as
> > usual, my suggestion.
>
> Looks interesting, I'll take a look at it. I assume I can change
> licenses with later releases if I want...the code is mine, right?

I don't know.  I've seen it done, but I've seen people argue that even the
creator is bound by the license.  My guess is that if you do change
licenses, nobody's going to bother to do anything about it.  If they have a
problem, they'll use an earlier version that has a license that they like.
It is not something that I've been forced to deal with yet, as most of my
released projects have been very simple and have required neither
maintenance nor feature additions.

Deaken