POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : CSDL: C-like Simulation Description Language : Re: Licensing, Was: Re: CSDL Update Server Time
7 Aug 2024 05:19:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Licensing, Was: Re: CSDL Update
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 19 Jan 2002 13:19:40
Message: <chrishuff-15D995.13203419012002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3C49B44C.57404C62@gmx.de>,

> Having POV-Ray's internal functions available in such a simulation
> language (like 'trace' and all the patterns for example) would be very
> nice, but i guess this won't happen in the near future.

Well, part of the math library will include functions for intersecting
rays with shapes, but it won't be related to POV-Ray in any way. It is
limited to generating a scene and telling POV to render it.
CSDL itself is completely separate from POV, it just has a "system()"
function that lets other programs be started.

> See for example:
>
> http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html

It looks like a list of licenses, similar to:
http://www.opensource.org/licenses/index.html

What I'm currently looking for is information on licensing software, not
on the licenses.