POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Conversion Server Time
31 Jul 2024 14:20:40 EDT (-0400)
  Conversion (Message 1 to 10 of 21)
From: RusHHouR
Subject: Conversion
Date: 22 Aug 2007 16:30:00
Message: <web.46cc9bb5f2cc249447d3ae5e0@news.povray.org>
So... there are NO ways of converting an object consisting of several shapes
made in POV-Ray to .obj, .mdl, .3ds, .any-bigger-standard-type-of-mesh? The
links section is funny. The conversion tools that doesnt have broken links
hasnt developed since 1998...

Why, WHY was I decieved to actually trying to learn the basics of this
program. Its created contents are of no use to anyone outside the POV
realms... To think I could have spent this time learning 3dsm or maya
instead... Has anyone else ever had feelings such as these, or am I getting
like banned now...? :)

Man, Im just desillusionized or something. Was asked to do some structures
for a game, which sounded like fun. Then, ummm.... like "what was that
format again!?" Eh, just forget it...

Cant some genious just make a pov-scene-to-single-mesh converter program.
Please.

Doh! :/

Post a reply to this message

"RusHHouR" <gee### [at] mailnu> wrote in message
> So... there are NO ways of converting an object consisting of several
> shapes
> made in POV-Ray to .obj, .mdl, .3ds, .any-bigger-standard-type-of-mesh?
> The
> links section is funny. The conversion tools that doesnt have broken links
> hasnt developed since 1998...
>
> Why, WHY was I decieved to actually trying to learn the basics of this
> program. Its created contents are of no use to anyone outside the POV
> realms... To think I could have spent this time learning 3dsm or maya
> instead... Has anyone else ever had feelings such as these, or am I
> getting
> like banned now...? :)
>
> Man, Im just desillusionized or something. Was asked to do some structures
> for a game, which sounded like fun. Then, ummm.... like "what was that
> format again!?" Eh, just forget it...
>
> Cant some genious just make a pov-scene-to-single-mesh converter program.
> Please.

      Why, when it's just as easy to produce a mesh in an external modeling
program like Wings3D?

      I know how you feel though. When I first started, (I think it was
2000), I don't think Wings was around, so I used sPatch as a starting point,
and then HamaPatch before Wings. (3 great programs).

        ~Steve~

> Doh! :/

Post a reply to this message