POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : writing a texture identifier to file Server Time
30 Apr 2024 17:22:04 EDT (-0400)
  writing a texture identifier to file (Message 1 to 10 of 12)
From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: writing a texture identifier to file
Date: 19 Jan 2016 03:13:38
Message: <569df032$1@news.povray.org>
I am baffled.

I have this array:

#declare TexArray =
   array[12]{
     T_Stone1,  T_Stone2,
     T_Stone3,  T_Stone4,
     T_Stone5,  T_Stone6,
     T_Stone7,  T_Stone8,
     T_Stone9,  T_Stone10,
     T_Stone11, T_Stone12
   };

I want to write a selected /texture_identifier/ (like "T_stone1" for
instance) to a file as a string. However, I do not succeed. I thought
that Parse_String() would do the trick but it generates an error telling
me that it expects a string but sees a texture_identifier instead.

What to do? Thanks.
--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

El 19/01/16 a las 09:13, Thomas de Groot escribió:
> I want to write a selected /texture_identifier/ (like "T_stone1" for
>  instance) to a file as a string. However, I do not succeed. I
> thought that Parse_String() would do the trick but it generates an
> error telling me that it expects a string but sees a
> texture_identifier instead.
>
> What to do? Thanks.

   If I read the docs correctly, Parse_String() does just the contrary:
it takes a string and writes it to a file as an identifier, then
includes that file.

   That is, given the following array...

#declare TexArray =
    array[12]{
      "T_Stone1",  "T_Stone2",
      "T_Stone3",  "T_Stone4",
      "T_Stone5",  "T_Stone6",
      "T_Stone7",  "T_Stone8",
      "T_Stone9",  "T_Stone10",
      "T_Stone11", "T_Stone12"
    };

   ...you would be able to use these as texture identifiers like this:

texture{Parse_String(TexArray[0])}

--
jaime

Post a reply to this message