POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : writing a texture identifier to file : writing a texture identifier to file Server Time
21 May 2024 21:14:46 EDT (-0400)
  writing a texture identifier to file
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 19 Jan 2016 03:13:38
Message: <569df032$1@news.povray.org>
I am baffled.

I have this array:

#declare TexArray =
   array[12]{
     T_Stone1,  T_Stone2,
     T_Stone3,  T_Stone4,
     T_Stone5,  T_Stone6,
     T_Stone7,  T_Stone8,
     T_Stone9,  T_Stone10,
     T_Stone11, T_Stone12
   };

I want to write a selected /texture_identifier/ (like "T_stone1" for
instance) to a file as a string. However, I do not succeed. I thought
that Parse_String() would do the trick but it generates an error telling
me that it expects a string but sees a texture_identifier instead.

What to do? Thanks.
--
Thomas