POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : writing a texture identifier to file : Re: writing a texture identifier to file Server Time
21 May 2024 19:29:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: writing a texture identifier to file
From: clipka
Date: 19 Jan 2016 12:45:28
Message: <569e7638$1@news.povray.org>
Am 19.01.2016 um 09:54 schrieb Thomas de Groot:

>> #declare TexArray =
>>     array[12]{
>>       "T_Stone1",  "T_Stone2",
>>       "T_Stone3",  "T_Stone4",
>>       "T_Stone5",  "T_Stone6",
>>       "T_Stone7",  "T_Stone8",
>>       "T_Stone9",  "T_Stone10",
>>       "T_Stone11", "T_Stone12"
>>     };

> The problem is I do not want this, although it could be a solution if
> nothing else pops up that is. I would prefer to write the texture
> identifier as a text string.

The trouble there is, once the texture is inside the array, there is no
trace of the texture identifier left alongside it.

(Or, more to the point, the texture now has a /new/ identifier,
TexArray[something].)

(Actually, even that is a simplified picture of the matter. What you
/really/ have is a /copy/ of the original texture.)

Also note that if you're starting out with an array of textures, you
might have to deal with something like this:

  #declare TexArray =
    array[12]{
      T_Stone1,
      T_Stone2,
      texture {...},
      T_Stone4,
    };

No "original" identifier there at all for TexArray[2].