POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : writing a texture identifier to file : Re: writing a texture identifier to file Server Time
21 May 2024 08:56:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: writing a texture identifier to file
From: scott
Date: 19 Jan 2016 03:37:51
Message: <569df5df$1@news.povray.org>
> I am baffled.
>
> I have this array:
>
> #declare TexArray =
>    array[12]{
>      T_Stone1,  T_Stone2,
>      T_Stone3,  T_Stone4,
>      T_Stone5,  T_Stone6,
>      T_Stone7,  T_Stone8,
>      T_Stone9,  T_Stone10,
>      T_Stone11, T_Stone12
>    };
>
> I want to write a selected /texture_identifier/ (like "T_stone1" for
> instance) to a file as a string.

I don't see how something like that would work, because if it did, how
would it cope with this:

#declare A = 1;
#declare FloatArray =
  array[4]{
        A,A*A,sin(A),MyMacro(A)
  }

What I guess you're asking is if the array somehow remembers the SDL
text string that was used to create each element (and does it expand
macros?)? I would be surprised if it did (but then, this is no ordinary
programming language...).