POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : "The Last Guardian" cannot be rendered?? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:25:54 EDT (-0400)
  "The Last Guardian" cannot be rendered?? (Message 1 to 10 of 13)
From: Cruxic
Subject: "The Last Guardian" cannot be rendered??
Date: 1 Apr 2008 00:30:01
Message: <web.47f1c748b19b7748b2baeb480@news.povray.org>
Hello all,

Has anybody been successful rendering Johnny Yip's "The Last Guardian" (2004
POVCOMP winner)?  He provides the source code and all the necessaries:
http://www.povcomp.com/entries/161.php

I'm getting errors like:
Parse Error: Identifier expected, incomplete function call or spline call found
instead.
Zero length rope found in m_get_rope_transform

His README indicates it's a simple 2 step render.  I'm new to POV-Ray so
hopefully I'm just missing something.  Any tips would be appreciated.  (Note:
I'm using ver 3.6.1 on Linux.)

Thanks.
- Cruxic

Post a reply to this message

> Has anybody been successful rendering Johnny Yip's "The Last Guardian" (2004
> POVCOMP winner)?  He provides the source code and all the necessaries:
> http://www.povcomp.com/entries/161.php
>
> I'm getting errors like:
> Parse Error: Identifier expected, incomplete function call or spline call found
> instead.
> Zero length rope found in m_get_rope_transform

Indeed, I have the same errors. It does render when you set
show_coral_plantation to 0 though...

I think the error that really throws the render off is this one:

File: coral.inc  Line: 1206
File Context (5 lines):
          // Attach it
          m_puffy_coral_attach_branch(0, base_stem_spl,
Parse Error: Identifier expected, incomplete function call or spline
call found instead.

The rest seem to be just harmless warnings.

I'm afraid I don't really know how to fix it...

--
Vincent

Post a reply to this message