POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : "The Last Guardian" cannot be rendered?? : Re: "The Last Guardian" cannot be rendered?? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 22:27:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "The Last Guardian" cannot be rendered??
From: Vincent Le Chevalier
Date: 1 Apr 2008 10:58:23
Message: <47f25b9f$1@news.povray.org>
Cruxic a écrit :
> Has anybody been successful rendering Johnny Yip's "The Last Guardian" (2004
> POVCOMP winner)?  He provides the source code and all the necessaries:
> http://www.povcomp.com/entries/161.php
>
> I'm getting errors like:
> Parse Error: Identifier expected, incomplete function call or spline call found
> instead.
> Zero length rope found in m_get_rope_transform

Indeed, I have the same errors. It does render when you set
show_coral_plantation to 0 though...

I think the error that really throws the render off is this one:

File: coral.inc  Line: 1206
File Context (5 lines):
          // Attach it
          m_puffy_coral_attach_branch(0, base_stem_spl,
Parse Error: Identifier expected, incomplete function call or spline
call found instead.

The rest seem to be just harmless warnings.

I'm afraid I don't really know how to fix it...

--
Vincent