POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : "The Last Guardian" cannot be rendered?? : "The Last Guardian" cannot be rendered?? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 22:21:26 EDT (-0400)
  "The Last Guardian" cannot be rendered??
From: Cruxic
Date: 1 Apr 2008 00:30:01
Message: <web.47f1c748b19b7748b2baeb480@news.povray.org>
Hello all,

Has anybody been successful rendering Johnny Yip's "The Last Guardian" (2004
POVCOMP winner)?  He provides the source code and all the necessaries:
http://www.povcomp.com/entries/161.php

I'm getting errors like:
Parse Error: Identifier expected, incomplete function call or spline call found
instead.
Zero length rope found in m_get_rope_transform

His README indicates it's a simple 2 step render.  I'm new to POV-Ray so
hopefully I'm just missing something.  Any tips would be appreciated.  (Note:
I'm using ver 3.6.1 on Linux.)

Thanks.
- Cruxic