POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : IRTC - voting policies Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:18:00 EDT (-0400)
  IRTC - voting policies (Message 12 to 21 of 51)
From: Nimish Ajmani
Subject: Re: IRTC - voting policies
Date: 9 Mar 2008 13:15:00
Message: <web.47d4291332e069a8835874580@news.povray.org>
John VanSickle <evi### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> Another idea occurs to me:
>
> Allow voting by the general public.  Average all of these votes
> together.  This becomes one vote, which has weight equal to the entrant
> judges and the permanent judges.
>
> This allows the public to vote, but minimizes the harm that a spam
> campaign can do.
>
> Regards,
> John

Although a good idea, couldn't someone just submit like, 100 perfect votes for
themself, and improve odds.

Personally, I think voting should be kept to just inside entrants.  Even there,
an entrant can give a 0 score to everyone else, but everyone is at a certain
level of fair play, and would therefore not submit to such low values (I
hope!).

I'm not making the choice however.  The idea is good, but it just doesn't seem
to work too well.

But maybe, you could use ip addresses to back check spam votes.???

-Nimish

Post a reply to this message