POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : IRTC - voting policies : Re: IRTC - voting policies Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:13:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC - voting policies
From: Chambers
Date: 9 Mar 2008 14:24:42
Message: <47d4397a@news.povray.org>
David Buck wrote:
> Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Might be too late to mention this, but I've always felt that a 5-point
score system is easier for users :)

After all, pretty much everyone is familiar with it, with the values
being "Horrible, poor, average, good, great".  Rarely do you need more
granularity over the actual scores, as well.

With a ten point system, some people might feel that "5" is average,
while other people feel that anything less than "9.0" stinks.  Of
course, individual voter tendencies are averaged out over the group, but
its still nice to have as much consistency as possible.

As far as voting goes... I think only entrants and panel judges should
be considered "official" voters, with the caveat that entering one round
should qualify you to vote for the next 12 months.  Partial votes (where
not every images was rated), and votes from non-participants should be
tracked separately, perhaps as a "populist" vote, for curiosity's sake,
but should not affect the final score.

But then, I haven't entered since around 2001, so what do I know? :)

--
...Ben Chambers
www.pacificwebguy.com