POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : IRTC - voting policies : Re: IRTC - voting policies Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:12:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC - voting policies
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 9 Mar 2008 23:42:14
Message: <47d4bc26$1@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 09 Mar 2008 17:42:35 -0400, David Buck wrote:

> Chambers wrote:
>> David Buck wrote:
>>> Your thoughts would be appreciated.
>>
>> Might be too late to mention this, but I've always felt that a 5-point
>> score system is easier for users :)
>
> A 5 point system is just as easy to implement as a 10 point system.  I'm
> open to this suggestion if people think it's the best way.

From an implementation standpoint, the difference isn't significant - but
from the standpoint of a user, what's the difference between a "7" and an
"8", for example, on a scale of 9 or 10 points?

This is a question I've been trying to answer for course evaluations in
my "real life" job for a couple of years now.  From the standpoint of
what type of scale to use, an odd-number scale works best (I find),
because there is actually a middle number in the scale (assuming an
integer scale).  I use a 9-point scale (because that's what's been in
place more than anything) - 5 becomes a "neutral" score in that case.

Just something to think about.

Jim