POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : IRTC - voting policies : Re: IRTC - voting policies Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:11:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC - voting policies
From: Randal L  Schwartz
Date: 9 Mar 2008 18:24:08
Message: <8663vvfpm0.fsf@blue.stonehenge.com>

David> The problem with IP addresses is that many people use DHCP which
David> dynamically allocates IP addresses.  The same person may get different
David> IP addresses each time they logon and the IP address used by a spammer
David> may later be used by a legitimate voter.  Besides, I would like the
David> ability to vote from whatever IP address I happen to be using at the
David> time.

Not only that, but if you're voting from inside, say, yahoo.com, you will be
coming in via the corporate proxy, which is shared by thousands of others, and
might actually change from hit to hit, making your own votes invalid.

"IP" is not "user".  Never make that mistake.

<mer### [at] stonehengecom> <URL:http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/>