POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : IRTC - voting policies : Re: IRTC - voting policies Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:12:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC - voting policies
From: David Buck
Date: 9 Mar 2008 16:46:37
Message: <47d45abd$1@news.povray.org>
Nimish Ajmani wrote:

> But maybe, you could use ip addresses to back check spam votes.???
>
> -Nimish

The problem with IP addresses is that many people use DHCP which
dynamically allocates IP addresses.  The same person may get different
IP addresses each time they logon and the IP address used by a spammer
may later be used by a legitimate voter.  Besides, I would like the
ability to vote from whatever IP address I happen to be using at the time.

David Buck