POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : No colors in editor window after crash Server Time
31 Jul 2024 16:29:36 EDT (-0400)
  No colors in editor window after crash (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: gerberc
Subject: No colors in editor window after crash
Date: 19 Jan 2007 03:30:00
Message: <web.45b081013ec557a9d7185e40@news.povray.org>
I'm posting this in this group because I don't think it is a bug.

I had a crash of the editor when trying to change an inc file made with
PoseRay. The editore claimed "access violation in codemax.dll" and then
"access violation in ntdll.dll". I checked the PoseRay file with another
editor and something was messed up with it indeed.

After the crash restarted POV-Ray, had to fix a few things in the editor
preferences but was unable to reset my custom color scheme. I have selected
POV-Ray as language scope and I have selected the custom color scheme with
my colors. I'm running POV-Ray 3.6 on a WinXP home edition PC with SP2
installed. One more thing: if there is a syntax error, the line with the
error is still highlighted in yellow but all the rest is just black and
white. It doesn't show colored keywords, numbers, strings, etc. The render
engine and message window still work fine.

Any hints?

Best regards, Christoph

Post a reply to this message

gerberc nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 19-01-2007 03:27:
> I'm posting this in this group because I don't think it is a bug.

> I had a crash of the editor when trying to change an inc file made with
> PoseRay. The editore claimed "access violation in codemax.dll" and then
> "access violation in ntdll.dll". I checked the PoseRay file with another
> editor and something was messed up with it indeed.

> After the crash restarted POV-Ray, had to fix a few things in the editor
> preferences but was unable to reset my custom color scheme. I have selected
> POV-Ray as language scope and I have selected the custom color scheme with
> my colors. I'm running POV-Ray 3.6 on a WinXP home edition PC with SP2
> installed. One more thing: if there is a syntax error, the line with the
> error is still highlighted in yellow but all the rest is just black and
> white. It doesn't show colored keywords, numbers, strings, etc. The render
> engine and message window still work fine.

> Any hints?

> Best regards, Christoph

Maybe the crash corrupted some INI files.
Look for "pvengine.ini" in the \ini filder and "povray.ini" in the \renderer folder.
Open them in notepad or your favorite text editor. Loof if there is something
strange in them.
Try clearing the \rerun folder.
If all else fails, try reinstalling POV-Ray. This won't affect any file you
created, but will reset any distribution file that you may have edited to
default state.

--
Alain
Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure

Post a reply to this message