POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : No colors in editor window after crash : Re: No colors in editor window after crash Server Time
31 Jul 2024 14:23:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: No colors in editor window after crash
From: Chris Cason
Date: 19 Jan 2007 23:19:41
Message: <45b1985d$1@news.povray.org>
gerberc wrote:
> I'm posting this in this group because I don't think it is a bug.
>
> I had a crash of the editor when trying to change an inc file made with
> PoseRay. The editore claimed "access violation in codemax.dll" and then
> "access violation in ntdll.dll". I checked the PoseRay file with another
> editor and something was messed up with it indeed.
>
> After the crash restarted POV-Ray, had to fix a few things in the editor
> preferences but was unable to reset my custom color scheme. I have selected
> POV-Ray as language scope and I have selected the custom color scheme with
> my colors. I'm running POV-Ray 3.6 on a WinXP home edition PC with SP2
> installed. One more thing: if there is a syntax error, the line with the
> error is still highlighted in yellow but all the rest is just black and
> white. It doesn't show colored keywords, numbers, strings, etc. The render
> engine and message window still work fine.
>
> Any hints?

Editor schemes are stored in the registry.

Check HKCU\Software\POV-Ray\v3.6\POV-Edit\.

Please export the entire POV-Ray registry tree (both HKCU and HKLM) before
changing it. If changing any of the above fixes the problem please email me
the exported registry entries (zipped up) so I can attempt to replicate the
problem.

thanks,

-- Chris