POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : OpenGL preview in POV-Ray Server Time
4 Aug 2024 18:18:55 EDT (-0400)
  OpenGL preview in POV-Ray (Message 9 to 18 of 38)
<<< Previous 8 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: Warp
Subject: Re: OpenGL preview in POV-Ray
Date: 6 Jun 2003 19:45:42
Message: <3ee127a6@news.povray.org>
Ray Gardener <ray### [at] daylongraphicscom> wrote:
> I'm not using any Win32-specific OpenGL extensions
> (I don't even know what they are or if they
> even exist, actually).

  How do you open the window and give the OpenGL library a handle to it?
Certainly the OpenGL library itself has no function to open windows.

From: Ray Gardener
Date: 6 Jun 2003 20:39:27
Message: <3ee1343f@news.povray.org>
>   How do you open the window and give the OpenGL library a handle to it?
> Certainly the OpenGL library itself has no function to open windows.

Didn't I already mention that the rendercontext
setup/teardown calls are the platform-specific ones that
(unfortunately) did have to be used?

WinPOV has a bunch of Win32-specific modules
to implement the user interface. That's
where the window and its handle comes from.
So this is not just a POV patch, but
a WinPOV patch too.

But by using the existing render window,
I'm minimizing the amount of Win-specific
code added to WinPOV. Otherwise I'd have
to create an HWND, give it a wndproc routine,
destroy it, etc. etc.

Ray

Post a reply to this message