POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : OpenGL preview in POV-Ray : Re: OpenGL preview in POV-Ray Server Time
4 Aug 2024 16:08:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: OpenGL preview in POV-Ray
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 7 Jun 2003 22:19:59
Message: <cjameshuff-345186.21112107062003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3ee20a47@news.povray.org>, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg>
wrote:

>   You mean that it's not possible to make POV-Ray use its Windows code for
> the editor and other stuff at the same time as opening the preview window
> with GLUT code?

That's what I'm saying. GLUT handles everything in its own event loop:
mouse, keyboard, window updates, menus, etc. I am fairly certain it is
not designed to coexist with "manual" API calls. You might be able to do
some things, but I don't think you could use GLUT only to open one
window in an existing complete application.

>   OTOH, this might not even be necessary as long as the program is designed
> so that it's easy (eg. with a compiler constant) to use GLUT to open the
> preview window in the command-line version of POV-Ray. (In fact, using
> GLUT to open a window in the otherwise command-line version is extremely
> simple, requiring only a couple of lines of code.)

Yes, it could be contained in a small, simple interface to allow
external code to override the cross-platform stuff.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/