POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : OpenGL preview in POV-Ray : Re: OpenGL preview in POV-Ray Server Time
4 Aug 2024 10:18:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: OpenGL preview in POV-Ray
From: Ray Gardener
Date: 6 Jun 2003 20:39:27
Message: <3ee1343f@news.povray.org>
>   How do you open the window and give the OpenGL library a handle to it?
> Certainly the OpenGL library itself has no function to open windows.

Didn't I already mention that the rendercontext
setup/teardown calls are the platform-specific ones that
(unfortunately) did have to be used?

WinPOV has a bunch of Win32-specific modules
to implement the user interface. That's
where the window and its handle comes from.
So this is not just a POV patch, but
a WinPOV patch too.

But by using the existing render window,
I'm minimizing the amount of Win-specific
code added to WinPOV. Otherwise I'd have
to create an HWND, give it a wndproc routine,
destroy it, etc. etc.

Ray