POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Article: Povray's Arealights - Cheap Hack or Not? Server Time
5 Aug 2024 20:18:00 EDT (-0400)
  Article: Povray's Arealights - Cheap Hack or Not? (Message 46 to 55 of 55)
From: ABX
Subject: Re: An exercise in futility...
Date: 30 Aug 2002 05:43:37
Message: <acfumu48ldl5qku5cjm1e4govavtovr27g@4ax.com>
On Fri, 30 Aug 2002 05:35:16 EDT, "Alex" <ale### [at] alphacit> wrote:
> IT DOESN'T HAVE SUBSURFACE-SCATTERING!!! IT DOESN'T SUPPORT THE METROPOLIS
> LIGHT TRANSPORT!! IT'S NOT SPECTRAL BASED!!! IT DOESN'T DO SKYDOMES!!!
> I WANT BSSRDF! I WANT METROPOLIS! I WANT SPECTRAL! I WANT REAL MOTION BLUR!
> I WANT PHISICALLY CORRECT DYNAMICS! CLOTH! FLUIDS!
>
> Now, *that* is fighting talk :)

Please don't hurt my eyes with caps lock on ;-)

ABX

Post a reply to this message

From: ABX
Subject: Re: Article: Povray's Arealights - Cheap Hack or Not?
Date: 30 Aug 2002 05:51:08
Message: <7ifumukcuicb3ovmao7qum0d0ina9dfe6q@4ax.com>
On Thu, 29 Aug 2002 05:45:41 EDT, "Alex" <ale### [at] alphacit> wrote:
> To illustrate why it would be nice:
> Design a blade of grass (using, say, 20 patches)
> Apply a procedural FFD (calculated from the air flow)
> Render it

My point was not to against conding your idea as patch.
Every patch with speedup/new feature/bug fix is welcome.
My point was to create general algorithm with SDL and create triangles for
mesh with it. Then measure parsing and rendering time. If both are reasonably
then it is better to keep algorithm written as SDL becouse easier and faster
it can be changed this way.

ABX

Post a reply to this message