POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Article: Povray's Arealights - Cheap Hack or Not? : Re: Article: Povray's Arealights - Cheap Hack or Not? Server Time
5 Aug 2024 22:12:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Article: Povray's Arealights - Cheap Hack or Not?
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 30 Aug 2002 07:59:36
Message: <3d6f5e28@news.povray.org>
In the last 24 hours, I was thinking that the pov developers did a great
thing, they just chose an unfortunate name.

It's reasonable for someone to hear "Area Lights" and then see that diagram
from the 3.1g manual and make the same mistake as John has. (I did, too).

The armchair quarterback in me says it should have been called
"soft_shadow_option= yes;"  or something like that.