POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Article: Povray's Arealights - Cheap Hack or Not? : Re: Article: Povray's Arealights - Cheap Hack or Not? Server Time
5 Aug 2024 22:14:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Article: Povray's Arealights - Cheap Hack or Not?
From: ABX
Date: 30 Aug 2002 05:51:08
Message: <7ifumukcuicb3ovmao7qum0d0ina9dfe6q@4ax.com>
On Thu, 29 Aug 2002 05:45:41 EDT, "Alex" <ale### [at] alphacit> wrote:
> To illustrate why it would be nice:
> Design a blade of grass (using, say, 20 patches)
> Apply a procedural FFD (calculated from the air flow)
> Render it

My point was not to against conding your idea as patch.
Every patch with speedup/new feature/bug fix is welcome.
My point was to create general algorithm with SDL and create triangles for
mesh with it. Then measure parsing and rendering time. If both are reasonably
then it is better to keep algorithm written as SDL becouse easier and faster
it can be changed this way.

ABX