POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Snail racing is more exciting Server Time
5 Aug 2024 18:26:06 EDT (-0400)
  Snail racing is more exciting (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Alf Peake
Subject: Snail racing is more exciting
Date: 24 Aug 2002 19:06:43
Message: <3d681183@news.povray.org>
<wimper>
320*240. No radiosity, no photons and no aa. Just one glass
multi-coloured blob on its own. 140PPH and dropping after 3 pixels
into object. Sheeesh. I figure around 4 months? And I used to love my
Celeron 500. I'll try again in a couple of years time.

And a different scene with photons - after a 3 hour parse - "Slab
Building Error: Out of memory.  Cannot allocate 327680 bytes for
photons."  Mummy! Make that nasty Windows go away!
</wimper>

There, now I feel better ;)

Alf

Post a reply to this message

I've only been at this a year, but something seems out of whack. Have
you checked your max trace level and adc bailout settings? I have also
seen big jumps in run times when I accidentally create coincident
surfaces. How complicated is your blob object?
Bill P.

Alf Peake wrote:

> <wimper>
> 320*240. No radiosity, no photons and no aa. Just one glass
> multi-coloured blob on its own. 140PPH and dropping after 3 pixels
> into object. Sheeesh. I figure around 4 months? And I used to love my
> Celeron 500. I'll try again in a couple of years time.
>
> And a different scene with photons - after a 3 hour parse - "Slab
> Building Error: Out of memory.  Cannot allocate 327680 bytes for
> photons."  Mummy! Make that nasty Windows go away!
> </wimper>
>
> There, now I feel better ;)
>
> Alf

Post a reply to this message