POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Snail racing is more exciting : Snail racing is more exciting Server Time
5 Aug 2024 16:16:07 EDT (-0400)
  Snail racing is more exciting
From: Alf Peake
Date: 24 Aug 2002 19:06:43
Message: <3d681183@news.povray.org>
<wimper>
320*240. No radiosity, no photons and no aa. Just one glass
multi-coloured blob on its own. 140PPH and dropping after 3 pixels
into object. Sheeesh. I figure around 4 months? And I used to love my
Celeron 500. I'll try again in a couple of years time.

And a different scene with photons - after a 3 hour parse - "Slab
Building Error: Out of memory.  Cannot allocate 327680 bytes for
photons."  Mummy! Make that nasty Windows go away!
</wimper>

There, now I feel better ;)

Alf