POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Stereo Rendering? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 17:27:43 EDT (-0400)
  Stereo Rendering? (Message 1 to 10 of 25)
From: Bill DeWitt
Subject: Stereo Rendering?
Date: 14 Jun 2001 12:43:02
Message: <3b28e996$1@news.povray.org>
Is there a way to render stereo versions of an image in one pass? Other
than setting up some mirrors?

    I want to do an animation in stereo and I don't want to paste together
all those images...

Post a reply to this message

From: Harold Baize
Subject: Re: Stereo Rendering?
Date: 14 Jun 2001 13:03:47
Message: <3b28ee73$1@news.povray.org>
Bill,
I don't think there is a way. I render them seperately then use
a program called DepthCharge Developer Studio to batch process
the files. DepthCharge Developer Studio will output the stereo
views in anaglyph, interlaced, or side-by-side formats. I
process the separate files into interlaced stereo images then
convert to an AVI animation file, finally output the files as
digital video into my Digital-8 camcorder. It would be great
if some tallented programmer wrote a front-end to POV-ray to
do single pass stereo rendering! I hope it is a feature in
POV-Ray 4.0. I also use Hash Animation:Master to render animations
directly to stereoscopic video files.

Harolddd

"Bill DeWitt" <bde### [at] cflrrcom> wrote in message

>     Is there a way to render stereo versions of an image in one pass?
Other
> than setting up some mirrors?
>
>     I want to do an animation in stereo and I don't want to paste together
> all those images...

Post a reply to this message