POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Stereo Rendering? : Re: Stereo Rendering? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 19:24:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stereo Rendering?
From: Harold Baize
Date: 14 Jun 2001 16:42:19
Message: <3b2921ab$1@news.povray.org>
Bill,
I just looked at your diagram and I see what you
mean. Most people who work in stereo would draw
it differently, the lines coming from the object
would be parallel. Our eyes are basically parallel
when viewing things beyond about 6 feet. What you
present in your diagram is similar to what happens
when we look at something very close, like reading
a book. Our eyes converge.
If your objective is to represent a small object
close up, convergence will still not serve you well.
The reason is that most viewing systems present the
images to our eyes in a parallel fashion. As a result
images rendered from convergent perspectives seem
distorted and difficult to view.

Harold