POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Compression Server Time
8 Aug 2024 14:17:23 EDT (-0400)
  Compression (Message 11 to 20 of 37)
From: David Fontaine
Subject: Re: Compression
Date: 12 Jan 2001 22:16:09
Message: <3A5FC751.D48A6E33@faricy.net>
Christoph Hormann wrote:

> I personnaly don't see much need to compress single pov code files, since
> otherwise you can directly view them and have less work when downloading.

Yeah, I hate when single small files are zipped up (some with little size benefit
anyway). Then I have to open explorer and unzip it, and PKZip for windows is
incredibly slow to load up and close. Sometimes it's used more as a packaging tool
than a compression tool, which is ok I guess, but if there's an alternative use
it. (Like TI calculator games, just make an .86g or .89g or whatever file).