POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Compression : Re: Compression Server Time
8 Aug 2024 16:14:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Compression
From: Rune
Date: 13 Jan 2001 07:50:04
Message: <3a604efc@news.povray.org>
"Peter Popov" wrote:
> Both guesses are off-the-point as the main purpose of the
> pcm file format is to provide the POV parser with access
> to the mesh component (vertices, faces, normals, uv indices
> etc.)

I was not asking for the reason for the file format itself, but for the
compression used by that file format, so I think my second guess is not so
much off-the-point after all.

Thanks for the reply anyway. :)
Nice to know that .zip can be used by everybody.

Rune
\ all be found at http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated January 6)
/ Also visit http://www.povrayusers.org