POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Compression : Re: Compression Server Time
8 Aug 2024 16:17:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Compression
From: David Fontaine
Date: 12 Jan 2001 22:16:09
Message: <3A5FC751.D48A6E33@faricy.net>
Christoph Hormann wrote:

> I personnaly don't see much need to compress single pov code files, since
> otherwise you can directly view them and have less work when downloading.

Yeah, I hate when single small files are zipped up (some with little size benefit
anyway). Then I have to open explorer and unzip it, and PKZip for windows is
incredibly slow to load up and close. Sometimes it's used more as a packaging tool
than a compression tool, which is ok I guess, but if there's an alternative use
it. (Like TI calculator games, just make an .86g or .89g or whatever file).