POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Compression : Re: Compression Server Time
8 Aug 2024 16:20:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Compression
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 13 Jan 2001 04:28:56
Message: <3A601FD9.344A3AB9@gmx.de>
David Fontaine wrote:

> Yeah, I hate when single small files are zipped up (some with little size benefit
> anyway). Then I have to open explorer and unzip it, and PKZip for windows is
> incredibly slow to load up and close. Sometimes it's used more as a packaging tool
> than a compression tool, which is ok I guess, but if there's an alternative use
> it. (Like TI calculator games, just make an .86g or .89g or whatever file).

A fast solution for expanding ZIP with the windows explorer is to
associate them with a small batch file invoking regular unzip.exe.  I have
two menu items in the context menu, one for viewing, one for expanding in
a subdirectory named filename.zip.out

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>