POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Peer to Peer Povray Server Time
8 Aug 2024 12:24:22 EDT (-0400)
  Peer to Peer Povray (Message 1 to 10 of 23)
From: Gilles Fedak
Subject: Peer to Peer Povray
Date: 9 Mar 2001 10:41:10
Message: <3AA8F99B.3697F6F9@lri.fr>
Hi all

We plan to release a "peer to peer" Povray using the Xtremweb
(http://xtremweb.net) global computing Platform.
So can think it as SETI@Home meets PovRay.

Idea is to use the idle time of computers to render scenes provided by
any one.

Xtremweb  allows the distribution of applications and the computing of
tasks without to much effort, and there are clients available for Linux
and Windows.
Povray is for us a good test case for the platform.

So what do you think about the usefulness of such a project ?
Will some of you be agree to participate by providing computing
ressource and scenes to render?
Are there already similar projects (I've sent a mail to internet movie
project but didn't get any response)?
Do you see special difficulties relative to PovRay. We are not very
familiar with raytracing.

Thanks for the tips and the response.

Gilles

--
Gilles    Equipe Architectures Paralleles   Tel  33  01-69-15-42-25
FEDAK     LRI bat 490                       Fax  33  01-69-15-65-86

Post a reply to this message