POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Peer to Peer Povray : Re: Peer to Peer Povray Server Time
8 Aug 2024 04:12:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Peer to Peer Povray
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 9 Mar 2001 12:05:25
Message: <3AA90D53.A38A7F94@gmx.de>
Gilles Fedak wrote:

> [...]
>
> So what do you think about the usefulness of such a project ?
> Will some of you be agree to participate by providing computing
> ressource and scenes to render?
> Are there already similar projects (I've sent a mail to internet movie
> project but didn't get any response)?
> Do you see special difficulties relative to PovRay. We are not very
> familiar with raytracing.
>
> Thanks for the tips and the response.

One problem is that many povray scenes that take long to render also use
quite a lot of memory.  You must whve th whole scene on each computer
involved and therefore need a lot of memory or you have to split up the
rendering process itself which would result in a lot of network traffic.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>