POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : ANNOUCE: A CALL FOR IMAGES: A collection of pov-ray art on CD Server Time
9 Aug 2024 09:04:17 EDT (-0400)
  ANNOUCE: A CALL FOR IMAGES: A collection of pov-ray art on CD (Message 1 to 10 of 22)
From: Greg M  Johnson
Subject: ANNOUCE: A CALL FOR IMAGES: A collection of pov-ray art on CD
Date: 21 Aug 2000 09:15:29
Message: <39A12A3B.1EB28E21@my-dejanews.com>
Chris Cason has given me permission to lead a collection of  still
images for sale on CD. The CD will be sold through Hallam Oaks for the
purposes of benefitting the povray team and supporting the IRTC and
news.povray.org server.

See some details of this project at
(Note to Ken: let's not put this link on the povray page just yet, some
details are being worked out.)
http://www.geocities.com/pterandon/10best.html

There will be three collections of images on the CD.

1.  TUTORIALS.
    Tutorial images with explanatory text to explain a feature of
povray.

2.  YOUR 10 BEST IMAGES
    Ever been frustrated with the judging in online contests? Here's
your chance to be the judge! Simply submit your 10 best images produced
by povray.  The only requirement is that you answer a few questions
about the image so that a purchaser of the CD could look at "all images
from Columbia" or some "3d toony work,"  or "landscapes."

3.  A povray-raytraced IMAGE CONTEST:   "A Contest of 10 best."
     This project will involve one contest, run much like an IRTC
contest.  The theme is "A Contest of 10 best," where images should
celebrate the many raytracting styles, or many ways of modelling an
object in povray, and/or the many special effects possible in povray.
Since the winning image(s) will be used on the cover to promote the
project, attention to this theme is critical. A breathtaking sunset, no
matter how inspiring or beautiful, is an inappropriate image for this
contest.  An art gallery where someone is looking at 10 radically
different but pretty sunsets, is an appropriate iamge.

TIMELINE:
While the Povray Team has given official permission to this project,
some details are still being worked out in terms of server space, entry
form details, etc.  The EARLIEST possible deadline is October 21, 2000;
it is likely to be later than this.

Post a reply to this message