POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : ANNOUCE: A CALL FOR IMAGES: A collection of pov-ray art on CD : Re: ANNOUCE: A CALL FOR IMAGES: A collection of pov-ray art on CD Server Time
9 Aug 2024 03:23:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ANNOUCE: A CALL FOR IMAGES: A collection of pov-ray art on CD
From: Ken
Date: 21 Aug 2000 22:16:09
Message: <39A1E1E3.92C053BC@pacbell.net>
"Greg M. Johnson" wrote:

> Chris Cason has given me permission to lead a collection of  still
> images for sale on CD. The CD will be sold through Hallam Oaks for the
> purposes of benefitting the povray team and supporting the IRTC and
> news.povray.org server.

I think this is a pretty neat idea. So what you are telling us is
that you will be collecting images from people here in the groups
and from other POV-Ray users to make a collection of our images.
There is no restriction on what images we submit or how talented
we are.

I will be more than happy to search my hard drives looking for
suitable material to submit.

Will .tga and .png images be allowed and what will the file size/
resolution size limits be ?

Any idea what the approximate cost of the CD will be yet ?

Why hasn't anyone else responded to this thread yet ?