POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : ANNOUCE: A CALL FOR IMAGES: A collection of pov-ray art on CD : Re: ANNOUCE: A CALL FOR IMAGES: A collection of pov-ray art on CD Server Time
9 Aug 2024 03:23:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ANNOUCE: A CALL FOR IMAGES: A collection of pov-ray art on CD
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 22 Aug 2000 09:24:35
Message: <39A27DDC.AEC8E9C4@my-dejanews.com>
See the web page for some possibilities that might make it easier to get 10 things
in one image.  Please strive to comply with the themes of:

1.Trigger a response of: "Wow, there's ONE software package that can do ALL of
that?"
2.Have 10 of something.
3.These 10 things will imply the "winners," the "best," the things of highest
quality, someone's personal favorites (however humble), those competing at the
highest level.

Yes, if you're doing a footrace between a sPatch figure and a Poser figure and a
blob figure, yes, you'll eventually run out of modellers to use before you come up
to 10.  So don't beat yourself up trying to get 10 different modellers, but try to
keep with the theme of 10 things, 10 good things, and different things.

My preference would be to avoid tiling.  But this is how I envision the voting:
1)  a group of judges culls (hopefully the tiny fraction) that aren't on topic;
2)  the judges plus all the entrants vote on the best.  (A tiled image WOULD be on
topic and COULD delight a majority of voters).

Alas, is tiling "post-processing"?  I [can you hear the sound of floodgates about to
burst forth?] suppose not.

APOLOGIES if this ends up as HTML; I tried to remove all vestiges of html after an
inadvertent keystroke added some......