POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Anyone read this? Server Time
9 Aug 2024 13:22:51 EDT (-0400)
  Anyone read this? (Message 11 to 20 of 25)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 5 Messages >>>
From: C J
Subject: Re: Anyone read this?
Date: 10 Aug 2000 13:14:39
Message: <3992e2ff@news.povray.org>
from the article....
"...A note to NewTek - I still haven't been able to produce metal that
looked as much like metal as in POV-Ray. TrueSpace came close, but not
really, and 3DMax2 does a decent job."

His words not mine. Although I'd love to see your argument with him. Not
that I know much about the other Apps, I just like a good fight.
:)

Regards,
C.J. - POV User
www.crosswinds.net/~povstudy

Lance Birch <-> wrote in message news:3992b682@news.povray.org...
> > outputs textures better than Max, unless you buy some expensive add-on
and
> > spend a lot of time tweaking it.
>
> I'd be willing to debate that one ;)
>
> Mmmm... standard textures... interactive procedural displacement mapping
> direct from the materials editor... :P~~~
>
> But I still love POV-Ray :)  *sigh*  It taught me all the kewl stuff.
>
> --
> Lance
>
> The Zone
> http://come.to/the.zone