POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Anyone read this? : Re: Anyone read this? Server Time
9 Aug 2024 15:20:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Anyone read this?
From: Lance Birch
Date: 10 Aug 2000 21:51:09
Message: <39935c0d@news.povray.org>
C.J. - POV User wrote:
> I would, as long as your can render the "same" scene in POV to comare it
> with. If you can....

Hmm, I don't think I can... I could get the object placement the same but I
wouldn't know how to make the textures the same... or do the displacement
mapping (from hanging around in here it sounds like MegaPOV could do the
job, but it's been a fair while since I've coded in POV-Ray and I've never
used MegaPOV)

Here's an image I just made though, it shows a few features of the
texturing, like using self-illumination maps, displacement maps, and
raytracing for the reflections.  All the textures were made in about 5
minutes so they're nothing special artistically.  It took 1 minute 22
seconds to render, but I had Winamp running (it probably wouldn't make too
much difference, MAX seems to let other programs have priority unless you
have multiple processors).

There are two lights in the scene, one is used to exclusively light the
teapot in the background (just for fun - I love exclusive lighting! ;)

Here's a PNG of it:

http://members.xoom.com/_XMCM/lancebirch/magma.png

(p.s. because that's on XOOM you might have to put the URL into your browser
for it to work)

--
Lance

The Zone