POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Anyone read this? : Re: Anyone read this? Server Time
9 Aug 2024 15:21:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Anyone read this?
From: Lance Birch
Date: 11 Aug 2000 00:26:26
Message: <39938072@news.povray.org>
> > Mmmm... standard textures...
>
> POV has a load of those too, you know :)

I was actually talking about surface lighting models... which it has a fair
few of for specific materials (metal, anisotropic, blinn, flat, phong,
nayler-blinn etc).

Mmm... but I love POV-Ray's area lights :P~~~  I had lots of phun with those
(even though they took ages to render on my old 486 ;)

> Thats a modeller-specific feature.

I don't think so, it's part of the material definition that a material can
displace geometry, it really isn't anything to do with the modeller (except
the interactive viewing when you're creating it).

--
Lance

The Zone
http://come.to/the.zone