POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Anyone read this? : Re: Anyone read this? Server Time
9 Aug 2024 15:25:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Anyone read this?
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 11 Aug 2000 08:59:28
Message: <3993EAA5.CC2F7067@peak.edu.ee>
Lance Birch wrote:

> I was actually talking about surface lighting models... which it has a fair
> few of for specific materials (metal, anisotropic, blinn, flat, phong,
> nayler-blinn etc).

Mmmm... That's yummy, I admit.

> I don't think so, it's part of the material definition that a material can
> displace geometry

The same applies for  MegaPOV, in a way. And it has the advantage that a
mathematical pattern can be used to displacement-map a mathematical object
(isosurface).
I still say displacement-mapping a mesh is a modeller feature, since it simply
transforms the mesh vertices (at least I presume Max does it that way).

--
Margus Ramst

Personal e-mail: mar### [at] peakeduee