POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray at LINUXTAG Server Time
9 Aug 2024 17:15:19 EDT (-0400)
  POV-Ray at LINUXTAG (Message 11 to 20 of 20)
From: Marc Schimmler
Subject: Re: POV-Ray at LINUXTAG
Date: 6 Jul 2000 12:54:00
Message: <3964B9A7.F7211EDF@ica.uni-stuttgart.de>
Warp wrote:

>   The ideology of the Open Source Software world is in principle good. Their
> fight about oppressing and dictatorshop-like companies like microsoft is
> remarkable (see http://www.opensource.org/halloween/ to get an idea of this).
>   However, judging from the behaviour described above, their ideology has
> converted into fanatism, making (at least some of) them almost as bad as
> those oppressing companies themselves.
>
>   Well, we can only deduce that no matter what ideology, there will always
> be fanatics.

It is a fatal (if not lethal :) ) error to connect RMS with the
Opensource
movement! RMS and ESR (Eric S. Raymond) are not the closest friends in
the
world.I prefer ESR though, because he is less idealistic (religious)
about
software.I try to keep away from extremists which RMS sure is.

Marc

--
Marc Schimmler

Post a reply to this message