POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray at LINUXTAG : Re: POV-Ray at LINUXTAG Server Time
9 Aug 2024 19:37:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray at LINUXTAG
From: Alan Kong
Date: 13 Jul 2000 03:35:15
Message: <k6sqmsknmdpg3nd8smoqtv1jjc5b8l0eq8@4ax.com>
On Wed, 12 Jul 2000 22:28:35 +0200 Marc Schimmler
<sch### [at] icauni-stuttgartde> wrote:

>What's following up now is a thing of the POV-Ray team and hopefully
>something good comes out in the end.

  Hi, Marc. When and if the POV-Team changes our licensing arrangement,
it will be because we feel it is in the best interests of POV-Ray. We
may very well do so when *we* are ready.

  If Mr. Stallman does not like our current licensing he is FREE to feel
that way. If he wishes to express his opinions in public using hand
gestures than he is FREE to do so. We don't lose sleep at night,
wondering if POV-Ray has lived up to Mr. Stallman's expectations of what
software should be. He hasn't hurt our feelings <s>.

  I do thank you for that story about Mr. Stallman's exploits at
LINUXTAG. I found it to be quite amusing. I just hope that he did not
cause you unwarranted embarrassment or humiliation in front of other
people. You were doing a very nice thing, representing POV-Ray in a good
light. We thank you for that, Marc.