POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : large scale water world Server Time
9 Aug 2024 17:22:01 EDT (-0400)
  large scale water world (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Alex McMurray
Subject: large scale water world
Date: 24 May 2000 02:49:49
Message: <392B7B3F.FF63CDF4@melbpc.org.au>
Hello all,

    Has anyone tried to create a large sphere that uses a realistic
water look.
    I am trying to create a world that is covered with water, but all my
attempts have been far from perfect.
    The planet is a sphere 7000 units in diameter, with a scale of 1
unit per kilometer.
    One attempt looked good from afar, but from "ground" level, was a
disaster.

    Basically what I am trying to do is a scene based on the Arthur C
Clarke novel, Songs Of Distant Earth, which features a planet in the
early stages of developement, is almost all covered with water except
for a small archipelago where the story takes place.

    I have scaled the scene big, so that I can bring the camera down to
ground level to view the islands and, hence the need for a realistic
ocean.

    If you can help, thank you in advance.

--
  ,-._|\  Alex McMurray
 /  Oz  \ ale### [at] melbpcorgau               Melbourne PC User Group.