POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : large scale water world : Re: large scale water world Server Time
9 Aug 2024 19:42:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: large scale water world
From: Alex McMurray
Date: 24 May 2000 20:59:26
Message: <392C445F.15013C2D@melbpc.org.au>
Bob Hughes wrote:

> That will possibly entail doing texture shifting with distance.  In other
> words, adding the
> camera distance value into textures in order to change them in a
> predictable way.  And that might or might not be feasible.
>
> Bob

Thanks Bob, That was something I never thought of. I have had success using
camera distance values for other scenes, if I can find time to sit at the
confuser for a while, I will give it a go.
I was hoping to be able to animate a lift off from "ground" level up to an
orbiting platform, but I may not be able to if I use texture shifting.

--
  ,-._|\  Alex McMurray
 /  Oz  \ ale### [at] melbpcorgau               Melbourne PC User Group.